Saving energy at home is as much or more important than using it conscientiously. Here we leave you some practical tips that you should take into account in your home so you can save and take better advantage of it.
- When you go to cook a meal in the oven you should take advantage of and prepare a dessert or other foods that you can keep in the fridge.
- If you have wood-burning stoves, make log logs. They can be done as follows: they are wound very tightly and tied with wires. Then they are put in a container with oil and left to soak for a few days. The oil they have absorbed will make them stay on, at least for a couple of hours.
- You must always remember that in the flames what is heated is the upper part, so that when you heat pots or kettles if the flame rises from the sides that part of the energy will be released. You must take care that the fire does not exceed the surface of the utensil. This way you will save a lot of gas.
- The walls painted white, as well as the screens of the same color, better reflect the light, so that for lighting you can use light bulbs of fewer watts, even energy-saving lamps.
- Try to take advantage of every last moment of daylight and always try to turn off the lights that husbands, wives, and children tend to leave unnecessarily on.
- The kitchen is the place where electric light is most often used in a home. That is why you should look for alternatives to decrease energy consumption. You can use fluorescent tubes since, in addition to giving clearer lighting, they save a lot of consumption. But if they can buy the energy-saving lamps it will be even better.